Friday, July 15, 2011

Snickerdoodles

Snickerdoodles have to be one of my favorite cookies.  I don't make them a lot, because I know if I did I would eat the entire batch.  I just about ate this entire batch.  I started out with a huge stack to take pictures and ended up with a not so tall stack in the end.  These are just too dang tasty to keep in my house! 




Snickerdoodles
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt

2 Tbsp sugar for coating
2 Tbsp cinnamon for coating

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.  Blend in dry ingredients.  Shape dough into balls and roll in the sugar and cinnamon mix.  Place on cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.  They will still look a little doughy once they are done but will harden up a bit.  Try not to burn yourself while eating one.  :o)  Transfer to cooling rack immediately.

Have a wonderful and safe weekend.  We are having a birthday party on Saturday.  Hope it's a success.  :o)  Wish me luck!!  See you Monday!!

Source-All recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...