Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Re-post Summer Appetizers

I apologize for reposting! But, I have a great excuse. My camera broke. I was using my Dad's for a little while, but for some crazy reason he took it back. I guess he needed it or something? Anyhoo...I'm expecting a new one through UPS anyday, so there might be a few re posts in the days to come. I love this post, because I LOVE both of these appetizers. They are both so yummy! Sorry about the jalepeno story too. But it is a true story. :o)   Happy Wednesday!!




This week I chose to do appetizers.  Who doesn't love appetizers?!  I had some jalepeños to use up, and thought I'd make my hubs' favorite, Jalepeño Poppers!  I love making these for family get togethers.  They are always a hit.  We had these with tacos and they were gone before I knew it, and it was only us and my Dad.  :o)  You do need two kitchen tools, toothpicks for fastening the bacon in place and latex gloves.  YOU NEED THE GLOVES!  *lol*  One time I didn't use gloves, and I itched my nose, or picked it...I don't recall...and it burned like no other!  I couldn't get the pain to go away, so me being the dork that I am stuck my nose in milk.  HA!  It seriously helped.  So...yeah...use the gloves!


All you need is 4 simple ingredients

10 Jalepeños
8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
Season Salt to taste
1 pkg of bacon cut in half

Wash your peppers.  With gloves on cut stems off peppers and then in half scraping all the seeds and ribs out, unless you want them SUPER spicy.  Line them up on a cookie sheet.  Stir in a a few shakes of season salt into your cream cheese.  Taste it til it's good for you.  Stir it up good then start spooning it into the halves of peppers.  1 pkg should fill 20 halves perfectly, unless you are using huge peppers.  Wrap bacon around peppers, fastening them with toothpicks.  Bake at 400 degrees.  Keep an eye on them.  I don't time mine.  But I like the bacon extra crispy.  Your house will smell awesome.  Remove and set on a paper towel to drain fat and remove tooth picks before eating.  Enjoy!

------------

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed that I'm related to the above person. The only thing that's not crazy about her above entry is the fact that I'm in love with those Jalapeno Poppers. They are amazing. Anyway, I'll be honest with you. Appetizers are not my forte. I guess this is one area I could stretch myself to learn more of. I could only think of one appetizer recipe that I personally have made and enjoyed. This recipe is from one of Aaron's Aunts. She is a fabulous cook and throws fabulous parties. You can't go wrong with a recipe from her.

Hot Artichoke Dip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. parmesan cheese, grated
1 c. mayonnaise
4 oz. can diced green chiles
14 oz. can artichoke hearts, chopped

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Pour in an ovenproof container and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until nice and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or a crusty bread.


This is a great recipe for the holidays. So not healthy, but oh so delicious. Enjoy!
Source: Yvonne Moore

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you shared these today, because I actually have some jalapenos in my fridge that I need to use! My husband is in for a treat when he gets home from work! And I love that dip Monica, mmmmmm, my mouth is watering. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you two.. you truly out did yourselves.. I love both.. never tried them.. but some how I hit the 50's + and I started to cook again.. I wonder why? maybe be I just don't want to get **older**.. *lol*... I will try them, they look so yummy and TW.. I can't believe you stuck your nose in milk.. but if it helped why not.. and Moni.. I will try that yummy dip.. boy you girls.. you truly amaze me and I am so proud of you both!.. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this tonight, and it was so delicious. I have now found my go to artichoke dip. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...