Friday, July 8, 2011

Yummy White Bread

I've been searching for an easy white bread recipe with great results and I think I found it.  I've made it about 4 times since and each time with a yummy end product.  I so very easily could finish off an entire loaf in one day with lots of butter.  I got this recipe from my friend Kelsey, at A Spice A Day.  She will be guest posting for us here next week.  :o)  I can't wait! 


Yummy White Bread
2 c. warm water (110 degrees)
2 Tbsp. white sugar
2 packets of yeast, or I use 4 teaspoons of the saf-instant yeast
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. vegetable oil
6 c. bread flour
cooking spray

In your mixing bowl combine water, sugar, and yeast.  Stir to combine and let it sit until it starts growing and gets all foamy.  With your dough hook mix in salt and oil.  On low speed mix in 1 cup of flour at a time.  Once all the flour is in turn your mixer up to medium speed and knead for 5 minutes.  If you don't have a mixer with a dough hook then knead by hand until dough is nice and smooth.  After it's smooth take dough out and add a little oil to the bottom of the bowl and roll dough around to coat it.  Cover bowl and let the dough rise until doubled in size.  About 1 hour.  Dough is done when bubbles start to form on the top.  Punch down down and divide into 2 balls.  Spray 2-9x5 bread pans.  Place dough in them and cover and let rise for about 30 minutes. Don't let them get too high!  Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until it's a nice golden brown.  Dump them out onto a wire rack and brush butter on tops while they are still warm. 


Happy Friday!  Have a fun and safe weekend!  See you for Menu Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to post! This bread really is the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking recently about making white bread. I always do wheat, but wanted to try a good recipe for white and now I have one! Thanks for sharing, I will be whipping this one up tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was wondering if I could use melted butter in place of the vegetable oil? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry i'm just now responding to this. BUSY SUMMER! AHHHH! I bet it would be ok. Did you end up trying it? I love me some butter!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...