Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tasty Cornbread

I've made a dozen or so cornbread recipes searching for "the one". Mine always turn out too dry or too tasteless. Yuck. My good friend Megan had us over for dinner once and served us this delicious, moist, full of yummy sweetness cornbread. I had at least two (okay, three) pieces and wanted the recipe. I had finally found "the one". I'm not sure why it took me so long to make this, but I finally baked this up last night. It is definitely a keeper and it's so easy! Sometimes simple really is better. Enjoy!


Tasty Cornbread
1/2 cup butter, room temp.
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1 1/2 cup milk

Cream the butter and sugar together then mix in your eggs. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine butter mixture, dry ingredients, and milk. Mix till combined. Bake at 375 in a greased 8x8 pan for 40-50 minutes.

Source: Megan says she found the recipe in some cookbook but has no idea which one. Anyone?

I've been watching Paula Dean on Hulu while I cook or clean and Maggie asked me why she says "y'all". I explained to her what it meant so we spent the next hour or so putting "y'all" in every sentence we could. Love that lil' girl of mine. So, with that. Y'all have a good Tuesday now, y'hear? :)

3 comments:

  1. I love Paula Deen! She's flippin' funny...The cornbread looks so yummy. I will have to try it definitely. I love cornbread and my homemade ones just never taste that great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...I'm gonna have to try this one. I love me some good cornbread!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a good cornbread is so hard to come by! this sounds tasty and i love the way it looks.. not all crumby or mushy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...