Monday, April 25, 2011

Mango Salsa

I love Easter weekend.  I love when my family that I haven't seen in a while are home.  And I especially LOVE when they whip up something delicious like Mango Salsa to share with everyone.  My cousin, Jen, was in town for the holiday weekend.  I went to pay her a visit and I was so excited when they invited me to stay for dinner.  My family is full of awesome cooks, my Auntie, Uncle and cousins being a few of them. 


I, being the lazy person that I am, didn't whip up anything new to post on the blog.  So, Jen told me I could use this recipe.  I'm so happy she let me.  It's something everyone must try.  And it's so bright and colorful.  Perfect for spring and summer parties.

Mango Salsa
3 ripe mangos, cut up
3 avacados, cut up
juice of one lemon to coat the mango and avacado.
1/2 large white onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
1-2 jalepeno's, chopped (take out the seeds if you don't want it too spicy)
Bunch of cilantro, chopped (I like a lot of this stuff, so do it to your own taste)

Mix everything together and eat with tortilla chips, or top your fish, or chicken with it.  YUM!

Hope you had a great Easter weekend like I did.  Here's to an awesome week and warmer weather!  PLEASE!  :o)

3 comments:

  1. I love Mango Salsa. I could eat a whole bowl myself. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks tasty! I've never had or even heard of Mango Salsa. Who was the genius that thought of that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!!! Now I've gotta have some! Add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...