Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lemon Lime Cake

I love this cake. My sister in law Jamie is the best at making it though. Whenever she makes it it always is so incredibly light and fluffy. Mine was still delish and this is a must have recipe in your spring and summer stash. This cake is great for family get togethers, BBQs, or potlucks. I just love its light fresh taste.


Lemon Lime Cake
1 lemon cake mix
1 (3 oz.) package of lime Jello
1 1/2 cups water
1 (3 oz.) package of vanilla instant pudding
1 c. Milk
1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping

Mix and bake cake according to directions. While cake is baking, dissolve Jello in 1 cup boiling water, then add 1/2 cup cold water. Set aside until cake is done. When cake is done, remove from oven and poke holes in hot cake. Slowly pour Jello over the top of the cake letting the mixture seep into the holes. Refridgerate until cake is cool.

Blend pudding mix with 1 cup of milk until it begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping and spread on cooled cake. Keep cake refrigerated.

Enjoy!

Source: Jamie Smiley

Have a great Tuesday!! Anyone getting sun? Not us, just rain and clouds. I like rain, but some sun would be nice too. :)


3 comments:

  1. Jamie Smiley is the best! We are getting lots of sun - a little rain would be nice - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too nice Monica! That is a yummy cake - one of my favorites! One note: I actually use lemon pudding, not vanilla, but I'm sure both are equally delicious! The sun is shining right now, but it wasn't earlier when we were running outside!! Miserable, wet, and so cold! Sunny days will be here soon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Grams makes a jello cake with, I think strawberry? Something like that. Anyways it's really yummy! I think lime sounds great too! I will have to try this one definitely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...