Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Italian Pasta Salad

This has to be one of my favorite spring/summer salads.  Isn't it funny we really don't make these kinds of things in the winter?  Not only am I excited for the sun and warm weather, but i'm also excited for all the yummy food that comes with spring and summer.  I got this recipe from my sis in law, Jamie.  I fell in love with it the first time I tried it and it's always been a hit every time I make it.  It's so colorful and flavorful.



Italian Pasta Salad
1 bag of colored noodles, cooked til done.
1 bottle of zesty italian salad dressing
1/2 bottle of salad supreme seasoning
2-3 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, chopped
1 can of olives, sliced
1 pkg of sliced mushrooms, or throw in a couple cans of the sliced mushrooms
1 bag of the small pepperoni or large pepperoni, cut into quarters

Cook your noodles according to package directions.  I like to chop all my veggies up while its boiling.  When they are done, drain the water and run noodles under cold water until they are no longer hot.  Pour into big bowl and start throwing in all your ingredients.  You don't have to use the whole bottle of dressing.  But the noodles really suck up a lot of the moisture.  I double the batch and put 2 bottles in and let it sit over night and it was perfect the next day.  Same with the salad supreme, put in as much as you like.  I like LOTS of the stuff in mine.  Let your salad sit for a couple hours before serving and make sure to stir it before serving.

Hope your having a fabulous week!!

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm, one of my faves. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Italian pastas 'round these parts! I will havet to try yours sometime. We like to try news ones all the time.
    Monica, your layout yesterday is lovely! As always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm...thanks for posting this recipe, I have been wanting to find me a good pasta salad! This will make me want summer to come fast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...