Thursday, December 16, 2010

Waffles

Nothing better than homemade waffles on a cold winter morning.  I crave these a lot.  I make them all the time for my family too.  I've been known to whip them out for lunch and dinner too.  They are THAT good.  I served these to my sister and her husband once and this is the only recipe they use now.  They are seriously the best!  They are so light and fluffy, yet only a couple will fill you right up.  Top them with your favorite toppings.  Mine is either homemade raspberry jam or just plain ole' syrup.  Ask the hubs and my dear daughter what they want on top of theirs...well...peanut butter, and syrup?!  Ick!  I guess I should try it once, but it just doesn't sound that great to me.  Anyway...try these out.  You'll be so happy you did!


Waffles
2 eggs
2 c. milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 heaping tsp. baking powder
2 c. flour
1/2 c. butter, melted

Mix your milk and eggs.  Pour over dry ingredients, mix.  Add butter last.  Use whatever waffle iron you have.  We like to use our belgian waffle iron.


Now I want to know what your favorite topping is?  And what do you serve on Christmas morning?  Hope your all having a great week!  See you tomorrow!!!

3 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I LOVE waffles, and I'm like you, we have them for dinner every once in a while too. I love my recipe but I'm always down for trying something new, and maybe I'll like these better...So I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best topping for waffles that I love besides syrup is sour cream and strawberry jam. It sounds gross but it is delicious. You really should try it. Also for Christmas morning breakfast I make a breakfast casserole and pull aparts. Yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaron and Monica have made these waffles for us before. They are super good!! Marty introduced me to peanut butter and syrup as a waffle/pancake/french toast topping. It's pretty good...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...