Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Eggnog Bread

I'm sorry...but you can't have Christmas without Eggnog.  Mmmm...I just love the stuff!  Whoever thought of making a bread taste like it is amazing!!!  It took me 2 go rounds at this bread to make it just right.  My first batch stuck so bad to the pan that it didn't have a bottom, and I couldn't take a picture of that.  It depressed me.  I get frustrated pretty easy when my cooking doesn't turn out right.  So...I tried again yesterday and...and I had a few mishaps, but the end result was pretty good...I think...  For some reason, i'm just not on top of my game!  I'm nervous to try my next recipe!  Anyhoo...enough of my babbling.  Try this bread.  It will make you and your belly happy.  It did mine!
Eggnog Bread
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. rum extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, beat
1 1/2 c. eggnog
2 c. flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 small box vanilla pudding

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease the CRAP out of 9x5 bread pan.  (I'm serious about the greasing part)  Blend the softened butter til nice and smooth and add sugar.  Blend til light and fluffy.  Add your extracts, eggs, and eggnog.  Blend until well combined.  In a seperate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg and stir in vanilla pudding.  Add to eggnog mixture and stir just enough to moisten.  Bake for 40-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool.  Wrap tight and store in refridgerator.  :o) 

I had to cover the tops of mine with foil so the tops didn't get too brown.  I think this would be fun to make into mini muffins for Christmas morning.  I think I might do that.

Hope you are having a fantastic week!

3 comments:

  1. Yum. It looks so moist and delicious. Eggnog Bread, what a concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds awesome! I definitely need to try this...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good! I love eggnog. Have you tried the Drive In's eggnog shakes? They're awesome. This bread looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...