Monday, December 13, 2010

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

My cousin's wife kept talking about these cookies she makes for her family and I had to try them.  They sounded like something my little family would enjoy, and I was right.  They gobbled them right up.  They tasted like a brownie with a little ooey gooey goodness in the center.  My husband even liked these.  He's not a big sweet fan, but he LOVES brownies.  So these were perfect. 


Here's the recipe~

3 c. flour
1 c. butter, softened
2/3 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp vanilla
1 c. sugar
1 c. light brown sugar
12 oz. mini chocolate chips
10 oz. bag of mini marshmallows, frozen  (You won't use the entire bag)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Keep marshmallows in freezer until you are ready to put the cookies together.  They are easier to work with when they are hard.

In medium bowl combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda.  Set aside.  Cream butter in mixer and then add both sugars, scraping sides.  Add eggs, and vanilla and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add flour mix and chocolate chips and blend on low speed.  Dough will be stiff.  Gather 4-5 frozen marshmallows in the palm of your hand and cover with a heaping Tbsp of cookie dough.  Wrap dough around marshmallows, completely covering them.  Makes about a 2" ball.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Cool on pan for a minute then transfer to cooling rack.

I had a hard time telling when these cookies were done.  My first batch was over done and then I figured out that you don't want the marshmallows flowing out the sides and not be white anymore.  You want a little puddle of white gooeyness in the middle.  My oven had them perfect at 8 minutes. 

Are you all ready for Christmas?  What kind of cookies do you make during the holidays?  I hope you all have a fun and safe week.  See you tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...