Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bacon Onion Cheese Ball

A cheese ball for a cheese ball!  ;o)  Oh baby!  This cheese ball was amazing!  I had to put it away or I would have eaten the entire thing.  It will definately be on my list to make for Christmas and New Years parties.  I wanted to make a crab cheese ball, but you can't get that kind of stuff here in my small town, so maybe on my next trip out of town i'll have to get the stuff to make it.  This one has the best flavor.  I wanted to add a lot more green onions, but the hubs is not a huge fan of onions.  So I added enough to give it the onion flavor.  Go and make yourself a cheese ball for your holiday party...don't buy those big ole' bricks in the deli section.


Here's the EASY recipe~
2-8oz packages cream cheese, softened
3 Tbsp mayonaise
16 oz. bacon, fried and crumbled
4-5 green onions, chopped
chopped pecans, to roll your ball in  (optional) 

Mix everything together.  It will be pretty creamy.  Shape it into a ball and refridgerate for 3-4 hours our overnight.  Roll in crushed pecans before serving.  Serve with your favorite cracker.  I used Ritz and it was awesome!!  ENJOY!

I didn't roll ours in pecans, because my husband doesn't like nuts.  Man...he sounds like a picky eater, but really he's not.

Hope you are having a fabulous week and getting things all wrapped up for the BIG day.  I'm finishing up my homemade projects.  It's so fun!  I love this time of the year.  And guess what?!  I get to see my sweet sis, Moni, on Friday!  Haven't seen her in months!  I can't wait!!!!  It's been awhile since I had a partner to dance with in the kitchen.  :o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I've been thinking of making one...I'm making a decision...decision made. I'm making one. Thanks for the inspiration! If I get it done I'm going to feature you, like it or not. >:} Uh...Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Gonna have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...