Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Taco Soup

Last night I was stressing myself out.  I had to have dinner on the table within the next hour or two and I am running low on groceries.  You know how it is.  I had no idea what to cook, and when I asked Jason what he wanted I got the usual male answer, "I don't care."  :o)  I started thinking of the things I did have and lo and behold I had everything except the Fritos to make taco soup!  Yay!  I love taco soup.  So fast to throw together and so warm and filling.  It snowed here yesterday and it was cold, so it was the perfect meal.  Jason picked the Fritos up on his way home, because you can't have taco soup without Fritos!
Here's the recipe~

Taco Soup
1 lb lean ground beef
1 medium onion chopped
1 pkg taco seasoning
1-16 oz can corn, I used my freezer corn
1-16 oz can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1-28 oz can stewed tomatoes, I used a quart size jar of my own stewed tomatoes
1-8 oz can tomato sauce
1 pkg of ranch dressing mix

Brown your beef with the onion in a big soup pot.  Drain fat.  Stir in taco seasoning, corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and dry ranch mix.  Simmer til nice and hot.  Serve with shredded cheese and Fritos.

Source-Grandma and Jamie S.  :o)

8 comments:

  1. Fritos are definitely a must, I agree! I love taco soup! Thanks for the recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never used the ranch mix, I will have to try that! My family always tells me "FOOD" when I ask them what they want to eat!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm!
    I have a crock pot chicken version of this that I love, especially because you just dump everything in the pot and walk away :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Taco Soup. This is on my menu this week. I think I'm going to try your variation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! It's funny cause I had plans to make Taco Soup today. I'm telling you...great minds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Taco soup never fails to please. However, I haven't ever added ranch mix to it-I'll have to try that. Sounds good!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE taco soup! It is so filling and so fast to throw together! I'm lovin' the ranch mix addition - sounds spectacular! Gonna have to try that one for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...