Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Grandma's Rolls

Man!  Was I busy last night.  I had to make rolls for my Auntie and I got them done!  They are so tasty and delicious...I think I made about 6 dozen and I ate about a dozen myself.  :o)  These are super yummy and one of my favorite recipes for rolls.  My Grandma would serve these at every Thanksgiving meal.  I'm sure gonna miss her baking them this year.  Rolls are a staple at every Thanksgiving dinner, and you can't go wrong doing these. 


Here's the recipe~

Grandma's Rolls
2 c. milk
6 Tbsp. butter plus more for pans and tops of rolls
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. warm water
2 Tbsp dry active yeast
3 eggs
7 cups flour plus some for rolling out.

Microwave milk and butter until butter is completely melted, about 4 minutes.  Pour into larger bowl and add sugar and salt.  Stir until dissolved.  Refridgerate until cool.  Dissolve yeast in water and let set til it starts getting bubbly.  Beat 3 eggs and add to cooled mik and then add yeast mix.  Blend.  Add 4 cups of four and beat with mixer or by hand until bubbles start to form.  About 5 minutes.  The bubbles will start appearing and pop.  Then with a big spoon stir in remaining 3 cups of flour.  Cover and let raise to top of bowl, punch down, and let raise again.  The dough WILL BE sticky! You want to make sure not to use a lot of flour.  Just enough to make it workable.  Flour your counter or board and scoop out dough.  Toss in flour and let it sit for a few minutes.  Divide in half.  Put one half back in the bowl.  Roll out into circle, then cut like a pizza.  Roll each section from the wide end to the narrow.  Do the same with the other half.  Butter pans and set rolls on it and let them raise til double in size.  Bake at 375 degrees for 11-12 minutes.  Brush tops with butter.

You don't need to do them in this shape.  I did the Lion House shape yesterday and they turn out just as delicious.  My Grandma would cut hers with a round cookie cutter most the time.  It's just what you prefer.  :o)  ENJOY!!!

Hope everyone has a fun and safe Thanksgiving.  I know we will be trying to stay warm here.  Supposed to be below 20 degrees!  Ridiculous!  I'm thankful to each and everyone of our readers.  I love doing this for all of you and sharing what I love to do.  :o) 

Don't forget to enter our giveaway!  You only have until tomorrow night to enter.  Go HERE to enter!!!

4 comments:

  1. Nothing smells better than bread in the oven! Your rolls look delicious and sooo pretty. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TW.. thank you so much for sharing this amazing rolls of grandma's. I don't have any excuse now to try my mixer huh? Well... I will review it various times and will let you know if they turn out!.. Thanks again! and Happy Thanksgiving to you! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I needed this recipe too. Thanks for posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy! How do you make the lion house shape? Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...