Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Ham and Potato Soup

Nothing says comfort food like potato soup and homemade rolls...oh...I was in heaven tonight eating dinner.  It's been so darn cold and yucky that I thought this would be the perfect meal.  I paired it with Lion House Rolls...perfect.  :o)  I've been making this recipe for a few years.  I usually have everything on hand and I know I say this word a lot, but it's super EASY!  Mommy likes easy.  I am so excited to have soup weather upon us.  I hope you don't get sick of all the different kinds of soup I will be making.


Here's the recipe~

Ham and Potato Soup

3 1/2 c. potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/3 c. celery
1/3 c. onion, chopped
3/4 c. cubed ham
3-4 c. water, or just enough to cover all the veggies
1 1/2 c. carrots
2 chicken buillon cubes
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
5 Tbsp butter
5 Tbsp flour
2 c. milk

Chop all your veggies and throw them in a big stock pot with salt and pepper and cover with water and bring to boil.  Add your buillon cubes, and ham and cook until potatoes and carrots are just about perfect.  While boiling, melt your butter in a seperate pan then add your flour and whisk around for a minute or so then gradually pour in milk.  Stir constantly until it starts to get thick.  Pour this mix into soup mix, and stir it around good.  Let it cook for a few more minutes and then serve.  It's so delicious and creamy!!!  And you can really add just about anything to this soup and it will still turn out amazing!!

Have a great Tuesday!!!

3 comments:

  1. EW that looks yummy! I love soups and especially the creamy ones. I'm going to steal this recipe and try it sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just perfect! I have some ham in the fridge that I need to use and I also happen to have all the other ingredients, so I will be making this tonight!! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, This potato soup was so delicious. I made it today because it was a snowy day in Nevada. This is definitely a keeper in my recipe box. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...