Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Peanut Butter Cloud Cookies

Yes, and they are AMAZING!  I even thought about throwing an apple wedge on top, but I refrained from doing that.  Seriously...why has no one told me how delcious peanut butter and marshmallows are together???  I didn't discover this til at a Halloween party they served apples with peanut butter and marshmallows.  I came home right away and made me some, and I was on cloud 9. (Hence the cloud name)  Maybe it's just a weird pregnancy craving.  If so, I apologize.  When I told the hubs and Justy what I was planning to do they both said, "EW!"  They still tried one, and they liked them!  If you haven't tried this combination then you need to do so...now...today!  DO IT!


Here's the recipe~

Peanut Butter Cloud Cookies
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 small jar marshmallow creme

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 cookie sheets and set aside.  In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter and sugars together until creamy and smooth.  Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.  Add the salt and baking soda. Stir until mixed together.

Spoon dough into balls, about 1 Tablespoon of dough for each cookie. Place the cookie dough balls on the greased baking sheets, about two inches apart.  With your thumb, press down the dough ball to make a dent in the middle of each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove baking sheets from the oven. Press down the cookies with your thumb again. HOT!  Cool cookies onto a wire rack and let them cool a little more.  Take a spoonful of marshmallow cream and fill the center of each cookie.  If the cookies are still a little warm, I thought that helped the process a little better.  That stuff is sticky! 

Good stuff...wonder what they'd taste like with a pickle on top....:o)

Source-Two Peas

3 comments:

  1. Please don't put a pickle on a cookie. I just might think you've lost it. These look interesting although I'm sure they're fabulous. Nice one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound good to me! But then again I love to eat Pickles and Marshmallows together it balances the sweet & salty thing perfectly. I'll have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...