Friday, November 26, 2010

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hi!!!  I can't move...I'm still so full.  :o)  I had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast with my in laws and Dad.  I hope everyone else had a great day as well.  I can't believe it's over with and Christmas is next.  Where the crap does time go? 

I had almost an entire can of pumpkin puree left, after making my pumpkin cheesecake, so I decided to make some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  These are one sweet treat that the hubs does like.  I have a few different recipes for these.  All of them delicious, but as I was searching through my recipe books this one fell out and it is one from my childhood.  My sister had wrote it down and I'm pretty sure it came from my best friends mom, Templ.
 

Here's the recipe~

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 to a 1 bag of chocolate chips, depending how you like it.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix all dry ingredients together, and set aside.  Beat butter and brown sugar together til nice and fluffy.  Add your egg, pumpkin, and vanilla and mix well, add dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spoon onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. 

And...the winner of the Bakerella Cake Pop book is....
Pam said...

I just officially became a follower. My cousin Katherine told me about your blog and your giveaway. So don't forget to give her credit!I would love to win this book. My youngest loves baking and cooking. Check out our family blog post.

Congrats, Pam!!  Send us an email of where you want us to send your prize to cholita41@yahoo.com or enjvanbeb@yahoo.com.  Can't wait to hear from you!!!

Thank you all for entering and can't wait for the next one!!  Have an awesome weekend!  *hugs*

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about this recipe recently. I lost mine a long time ago. Glad you still have it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, my mom's famous pumpkin cookies!!!!
    good memories associated with these cookies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...