Thursday, November 4, 2010

Lazy Lasagna

The name fits me to a T.  It really is lazy because it's so darn easy to throw together.  You don't even have to cook the noodles!  I love that!!!   I've been making this lasagna for years, and it's a family favorite.  It's so easy and you can change it up a bit without a problem.  Before I found this recipe lasagna intimidated me.  It just seemed too hard to do.  Glad I found this one.

Here's the recipe~

Lazy Lasagna
1 lb ground beef
1-32 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce
16 oz. cottage cheese
8 oz. sour cream
8 uncooked lasagna noodles
2-8  oz packages of shredded mozzarella cheese give or take
1 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 c. water

Cook beef in a large skillet until meat is brown.  Drain fat and add spaghetti sauce.  Heat through.  Set aside.  Combine cottage cheese and sour cream, stir well.  Spoon 1 1/2 c. meat sauce in bottom of 13x9 pan.  Place 1/2 of the uncooked noodles on top of the meat sauce. Then half of the cottage cheese mixture.
A good layer of mozzarella cheese, 1/2 of the remaining meat sauce and 1/2 c. parmesan cheese.  Repeat layers starting with noodles.  Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.  Pour water around the sides of the pan. (I usually don't use ALL the water.)  Cover tightly with foil.  Bake in a preheat 350 degree oven for 1 hour.  Make sure to put a cookie sheet or foil under pan, because it always bubbles over a little bit.  Uncover and bake 20 minutes more or until bubbly.  Let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes longer. 
The finished product. 
I was in a hurry to eat it and that's why it's not completely set up.  The more you let it sit the less gooey it is.

I like to add olives to my meat sauce and sometimes I use more or less cheese.  Depends on my mood.  Seriously...change it up a bit if you'd like.  Let me know what you try different.

Source-Great American Brand Name Recipes Cookbook

6 comments:

  1. I do a lasagna really similar to this... in the dutch oven! Don't you love not having to cook the noodles?! What a great time-saver! One of Mike's favorite meals! :) Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I love lasagna! I'm going to have to try this because this looks a lot lower maintenance to make!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good i love the no cook noodles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great Erica! Who knew lasagna could be so pretty. I think I'm going to make this sometime soon, because now I'm craving it. One less meal to contemplate what to make for. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy, I'm definitely going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try yours, cause mine is always soupy as my hubby says so I don't make it very often. You may have saved lasagna at my house!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...