Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken

I used to hate sweet and sour chicken. And I still can't order it.  I guess I tried it once, and it was disgusting and never wanted to try it again.  My husband, on the other hand, LOVES IT!  So, I thought after 6 years of marriage that I would try making it for him.  And I tried it and really really liked it.  We have it quite a bit, because now it's my daughters favorite dish too.  The first time I made it I didn't double the sauce and it was a little dry, so I recommend doubling the sauce.  It's a pretty easy recipe and a little messy.  Jason helps me with the messy part.  Nothing more romantic than your honey helping you in the kitchen.  Anyway...give it a try and let me know how you like it, or if you have a favorite sweet and sour recipe.  I think my next adventure will be chicken chow mein or egg rolls.  :o)

Here's the Ingredients-
3 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts

Salt And Pepper
1 cup Cornstarch
2 whole Eggs, Lightly Beaten
¼ cups Canola Oil

FOR THE SAUCE:
¾ cups Sugar
4 Tablespoons Ketchup
½ cups Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
1 tsp. Garlic Salt

Cut chicken breasts into chunks. Season with salt and pepper. Dip chicken in cornstarch and then in egg.  Fry in a little oil until browned on all sides but not cooked through. Place in a single layer in a baking dish.

Mix sauce ingredients together and pour over chicken.
Bake for one hour at 325 degrees F. Turn chicken every 15 minutes. If you like extra sauce, make another batch of sauce and bring it to a boil on the stovetop. Stir constantly and let cook over medium heat until thickened and reduced, about 6 to 8 minutes.
 


Also we would like everyone's input on our blog.  How are we doing?  Is there something you want more of?  Less of?  Anything annoy you?  Please let us know.  We would love to hear your opinions.  Thanks!  :o)

3 comments:

  1. My sweet TW.. just like sweet and sour.. but we leave the sour out!... not off the recipe okay? I sure love the looks and I do love this dish. I will have to try it.. oh boy I sure way behind on all my want to try it.. but I will.. and soon will surprise you!.. Keep it up.. I am so impressed of how talented my children are!.. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is awesome...keep up the good work. And I vote for egg rolls :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great recipe...my family loved it! I only used about 1/2 cup cornstarch for the dipping part, and added a can of pineapple chunks (& the juice) to the sauce...so good! I'll be making it again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...