Monday, August 16, 2010

The Best DANG Brownies

First of all, I need to apologize that we aren't doing our "Monday Match-Up" this week.  Our beloved Grandpa passed away, so we will get to it next week for sure.

My family is all in town and we've been getting together every night for dinner.  So I decided to try these out on them and I think they were a hit.  They were pretty easy to throw together and quite delicious!  The pan disappeared fast.  I will for sure be making these again, and I think replacing 1 bag of the semi-sweet chocolate chips with another kind would be a fun experiment.
 *Monica's in town, so she took the picture for me.*  :o)

Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 TBS water
2-12 oz packages of semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tsp vanilla
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and mix to combine.
In a large sauce pan, melt butter with sugar and water.  Bring to just a boil and remove from heat.  Stir in one bag of chocolate chips and vanilla.  Stir til completely melted.  Whisk in 1 egg at a time mixing well after each one.  Slowly blend in flour mixture and then add remaining chocolate chips.  Pour in greased 9x13 baking dish and bake 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Make sure it's just not chocolate from the chocolate chips.  Let it cool atleast 2 hours.  ENJOY!  :o)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could of try them!.. ggrr.. but I will try to make them soon, I am dreaming about using my mixer but I need to get caught up on other things for a short while.. then I will let you know how I did.. Thanks.. and I am jeleous!..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...