Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Strawberry Fruit Leather

My sweet Mother in Law sent me home with a BUNCH of strawberries!  Tons!  I froze a lot of them, but I wanted to make a few strawberry things with the rest.  My kids eat them like they are going out of style, so I thought I'd make some fruit leather for them.  It was so simple and the end results were pretty great.  If you want it more sweet, then add more honey.  I like mine a little tart, so I didn't add quite as much.




Strawberry Fruit Leather
3 c. strawberries, with stems cut off
1-2 Tbsp honey
Parchment paper

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.  Line big cookie sheet with parchment paper.  In your blender add your strawberries and honey and blend, until nice and smooth.  Pour into pan and spread out with the back of your spoon, until nice and even.  Bake for 2-3 hours.  Mine took a little over 3.  It just depends on your oven.  Keep an eye on it.  When it's not sticky to the touch anymore, it is done.  I over did my second batch, but it still softened up, sitting over night.  Let it cool completely before cutting and rolling it up.  Enjoy!

Happy Wednesday!  Hope you are all having a great week!

Love, Erica*



1 comment:

  1. Loving this recipe...but sort of curious if you can store this and if so about how long?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...