Thursday, May 17, 2012

Reeses Rice Krispie Treats

For.REALDO!  Ahhh!  I can't even begin to tell you how amazing these are.  When I started making them, I told myself, "I will NOT pig out on these!  I will only have a tiny piece just to taste it and give the rest away!"  Well...I unwrapped all the peanut butter cups just fine.  You have to know that Reeses are my weakness!  Srsly!  I got them in the pan just fine.  Then when they were done, I had a teeny TINY square.  Oh heck...it was over.  I had another square a little bigger.  Then another a little bigger...and I think my Justy could see this battle I was having with myself, because she piped up and said, "MOM!  Put them away!  No more!"  Lol!  What a great kid!  I put them in the fridge to get the drizzled top to harden, and thought I'd give the rest to Justy's soccer team.  So I cut them up and wrapped them and sent them on their way.  She came home with 3.  After dinner I could hear screaming coming from the cupboard.  I opened it up and they were staring right at me!  They were yelling, "EAT ME! EAT MY YUMMY GOODNESS!"  Did I have the willpower to just walk away, and not look back?!  Heck no!  I had me another one, and it was A.MA.ZING!!!!  I'm am making Justy take the rest to school with her tomorrow...maybe.  :o)

Teehee!

You really need to make these.  I think I found my new favorite treat.  I'm gonna be making more of these this summer.




Reeses Rice Krispie Treats
6 c. Cocoa Rice Krispie's
16-18 regular sized Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, roughly chopped
5 Tbsp. Butter
3 Tbsp. Karo Syrup
10 oz bag + 2 c. of mini marshmallows
1/3 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. milk chocolate chips

In a big bowl add your cereal and roughly chopped peanut butter cups.  Don't chop them up to fine, or you won't get a big chunk of yummy goodness.

Grease a 9x13 dish.

In a big pan melt your butter.  Then add your karo syrup and marshmallows.  Stir on medium low heat until everything is smooth.  Remove from heat and add your cereal to the pan.  Stir until well combined, but don't over stir, because you don't want to break apart those peanut butter cup pieces.  Press it into your pan with a buttered hand or wax paper.  Let cool.

In a small microwave bowl add your peanut butter and microwave for 30 seconds.  Stir.  If it needs to be a little more runny then microwave for 15 seconds longer.  Pour into a ziploc bag and snip off the end and drizzle your treats.  Do the same with your chocolate chips, microwaving in 30 second increments until good and melty.  Don't over cook it!!  Drizzle.

I put mine in the fridge to get the peanut butter and chocolate hard.  Cut up and enjoy...seriously...ENJOY!

Have a great Thursday!
Love, Erica*

Source-Food Snots

4 comments:

  1. Oh.my. Do these look amazing! I don't have much will power when it comes to desserts either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything peanut butter is my weakness. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. John would love these!! Reeses are his favorite too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these a few weeks ago and they are delicious. I wouldn't make them unless I had to take them somewhere, or I would eat the whole pan!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...