Friday, May 25, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had a bunch of bananas turning brown on my counter, and I wanted to make something I haven't tried before.  These were just what we needed.  I even got a text this morning saying, "These cookies are awesome!",  from that sweet husband of mine. So they must be pretty darn good.  The kiddos love them too.  Yay!  It made a huge batch, so I put some in the freezer.  We will see if they freeze well.  




Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. butter, softened
1 c. sugar
2 whole very ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. milk chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream your butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.  Add your mashed bananas, egg, and vanilla extract.  Mix well.  In a separate bowl whisk together all your dry ingredients.  Pour dry ingredients into wet mixture slowly and mix until just combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Scoop out with a cookie dough scoop or whatever you like to use onto your cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.  
ENJOY!

Hope you all have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend.  Eat some yummy food and enjoy your time with your families.  *hugs*
Love, Erica

1 comment:

  1. That look amazing. I constantly have brown bananas and I feel bad throwing them away, knowing I could make something. So going to try this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...