Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chicken Divan

A big hit!  I thought i'd try something new on the family last night, and even invited the Pops over, because it makes a whole lot.  My husband had 3 servings, and my Dad 2!  My kids gobbled it up and even my toddler cleaned up his tray.  Yay!  I love finding easy dinners like this for my family.



Chicken Divan
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 c. half and half
1/2 cooking sherry or water, (I used water)
2 regular cans cream of chicken soup
1-1 lb package of frozen cut or chopped broccoli-thawed
2 c. cooked rice
2-3 c. cubed cooked chicken
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese

In a small saucepan, melt butter.  Add flour, and stir until blended in.  About 1 minute to make sure the flour taste is cooked out.  Stir in cream and sherry or water.  Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.  Cook and stir 2 more minutes.  Add soup and stir until smooth.  Remove from heat.  (I cooked my chicken while I did this.)

Place broccoli in an ungreased 13x9 baking dish.  Cover with rice and then half the sauce.  Top with chicken.  Stir shredded cheese into remaining sauce, and pour it over the chicken.

Bake it uncovered at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.

A. MA. ZING.  :o)  Hope your family enjoys this as much as mine did.  Happy Thursday!

Love, Erica*


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a comfort food. Yum. Thanks for another great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...