Friday, February 10, 2012

Red Velvet Valentines Cupcakes

I was in a cupcake mood. For those new followers, this blog started out as a cupcake blog. It has evolved and changed into Erica and my everything blog, but cupcakes are near and dear to my heart. For fear of becoming a broken record, I won't tell you why I love cupcakes. Most likely it's the same reason you do. There is nothing like a perfectly portioned beautiful tasty little cake. See, there I go.

This is a Martha Stewart recipe. I have a love/hate relationship with her cupcake recipes. Sometimes they are amazing and well, sometimes they are blah-se. The reviews on this cupcake are not that great, but my cupcake club did this recipe in December and they all enjoyed them. I trust my fellow cupcake loving friends so I gave it a go.

Overall, I'm glad I did. I do think this recipe could use some tweaking. It is an oil and sugar based recipe so the bottom of the cupcake liners were a bit oily although the cupcakes didn't taste oily themselves. They were moist, had a nice crumb, and very good. I'd be interested in playing with this recipe to cut down on the oil and still keep them moist.




You can find the recipe HERE. I frosted them in my favorite Cream Cheese Frosting. This is also a Martha Stewart recipe and by far my favorite Cream Cheese Frosting recipe. It's so basic and just plain delicious.

For the tags I used Samantha Walker's A to Z Linen Solids Paper Pack and the Pea Sarah Font.

Hope you've had a wonderful week. Thank goodness for Friday, right? :)

Don't forget to enter our Giveaway for The Pioneer Woman's new cookbook. Enter Here.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is making these for her boyfriend! Looks yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Customary Home - - As the name suggests, this magazine is about authentic homes and how to decorate them.
    Wall art Painting

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...