Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hello My Pretties...

Monica posted these babies way back when.  And can I just say these have to be my absolute favorite cupcake!  They are simple to throw together and oh so yummy!!  I have some bananas getting a little to ripe and I might just have to whip up a batch.  I think if I eat just one it might help me with my cravings.  Or maybe twp...or three?!  Ha ha!  Happy Thursday!


If you want an absolutely delicious easy cupcake recipe, I have found the one for you. Oh, these are so beautiful and yummy. These are not in the Martha Stewart Cupcakes Cookbook. I found these on marthastewart.com. There are a bunch of fun cupcake recipes on there. I'm excited to try more. These are called Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting. The frosting and the cake together is delectable. They are moist and fluffy and really just fabulous. These are definitely a keeper as far as recipes go. AND when I say easy, I'm not kidding, very doable. They only took me an hour and a half start to finish.

I hope you like my retro 70's counter tops. We are renting a cute little home built way before my time. I do love the nostalgic feeling of the old counter tops, and cabinets.

I actually didn't try the cake this time b/f. The reviews on the website say the cake is wonderful even without the frosting. I guess for the non-frosting lovers.

I on the other hand loved this frosting. It was light and I loved the touch of honey and cinnamon. Very different (and gourmet) from the average ole' buttercream that I'm used to.

Pretty.

And oh so tasty. There really is nothing like a cupcake. :)

7 comments:

  1. I always thought we were kindred spirits, now I'm sure of it!!! I too am cupcake obsessed! I've told my mom many times that I want a cupcake business, not cakes, but cupcakes. Tiny little bites of art. I've been trying to visit every cupcake store in the valley. So far, my favorite cupcakes are from Les Madelines downtown. She does the type of frosting I like the most. I have several more places to visit before I can cast my vote. I've been working really hard to perfect my scratch cake recipes so they don't taste like cornbread as so many do. I've got the black chocolate cake down pat. I cannot wait to try all your recipes! I had NO idea you were so talented in this area. But I shouldn't be surprised. PS - in case you don't have it already - here is a link to MY blog. www.bignostrils.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm going to have to try this recipe! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, this is soooo funny: I made these two weeks ago and have a post about them ready to go up!! Will probably publish the post later today. These were a big hit with my family-in-law and their friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look awesome, Sis. I might just have to go off my diet and make some. Think I can stick to just eating one? Yum! I'm seriously drooling. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can concur-these were So YUMMY! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so bummed that I didn't get to try these! They went too fast! You'll have to make these again sometime...or maybe I'll have to attempt them myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...