Thursday, February 23, 2012

English Muffin Bread

Have you missed us?  I hope so.  We've both been soooo busy!  I've had sick croupy kids, and our cows are having their babies.  So I'm on high alert.  Who knew I'd become a farmers wife.  I LOVE IT!  Exciting times around here!  

I thought I better whip something up for the blog, so I chose this AMAZING  bread.  And when I say amazing, I MEAN IT!  I think it has to be a new favorite of mine and my families.  It toasts up so nicely and you can put whatever on it.  My favorite has to be butter and jam.  Or honey butter.  Mmmm...It makes a huge batch of 4 loaves. I gave 2 away.  I'm sure it would freeze up nicely.  I will have to try it.  

It really is a beautiful bread.  Gorgeous!

English Muffin Bread
5 1/2 c. warm water
3 packets or 6 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
2 Tbsp salt
3 Tbsp sugar
11 c. all purpose flour

In your mixing bowl add your water and yeast.  Stir gently to combine and let it sit until nice and bubbly.  Add your sugar, salt and then the flour.  Mix until well combined.  Cover and let rise until it reaches the top of your bowl.  While it's rising grease 4 larger bread pans and sprinkle some corn meal in there too. Shake it around to evenly coat the pan.  Spoon dough evenly into pans.  Let it rise again until it reaches the top of the pan.  Bake at 350 minutes 40-45 minutes or a nice golden color.  10 minutes before the timer goes off brush on melted butter on the tops of all the loaves and continue baking.  Remove and let them cool completely on a cooling rack before cutting into them. 


Note-I used my kitchenaid for this.  It almost filled the entire bowl, but still worked nicely.  If you want to play it safe, use a huge bowl.  This dough is extremely runny and sticky, so don't worry when you pour it into your bread pans.   

I want more!  So dang yummy.  :o)

We still haven't heard from our winner, CINDY B.!  If we don't hear from her before tomorrow morning we will be picking a new winner.  So, Cindy, WRITE US!  PLEASE!  ;o)

Have a happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Cindy B.I'm try to figure out how to get in touch with you.
    my email address is cindyskitchen@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just sent my mailing info. in an email. Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lordy that looks good. I'm going to make some now. I'll probably halve the recipe but I would like to know how it freezes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some children who are born entertainers and love attention from the very first moment they realize they have an audience. We coach them to reach their full potential.

    Kids Modeling
    Kids Portfolio in Chandigarh
    Kids fashion shows in Chandigarh
    Baby shows in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...