Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Muffins

I know when I hear "healthy" in certain things I think it is gonna be dry and bland.  Well...these are far from both!  And each one is only 58 calories for a regular sized muffin.  I whipped these up this morning, so I would have a great after workout treat.  I'm so happy I did, because these were amazing.  I don't know how healthy they still are when you have more than one in one sitting.  Tee hee!  O'well.  I think these would have been a lot bigger if I hadn't run out of baking powder.  I only used 1/4 of what it called for.  I think they were still quite pretty.  :o)

*drool*

Healthy Chocolate Muffins
1 3/4 c. oatmeal
3 egg whites
3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 c. unsweetened apple sauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. plain greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. hot water
1 c. sugar substitute (Like Splenda) or 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp Stevia
1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line muffin pans with liners or spray muffin tin with non stick spray.

In a food processor or blender add all your ingredients except your chocolate chips.  Blend until oats are ground and mixture is good and smooth. 

Scoop the mixture into liners about 2/3 full.  Bake 10 minutes, and then sprinkle tops with chocolate chips. Bake for an additional 3-5 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let cool and enjoy!  Yum yum YUMMY!



Seriously so happy I made these today.  You are probably wondering how my diet is going.  Well...I have my GREAT days, and my not so great days, but who doesn't?  I think you need to cheat every once in awhile.  I've lost a total of 6.8 lbs and numerous inches throughout my entire body.  I feel great!  I would like to lose about 10-15 more lbs, but we will see.  I feel great!  I'm now training for my 10k and I absolutely love running!  I never thought I would ever say that. 

Anyhoo...Have an awesome Wednesday!  And do not forget to enter out giveaway!  You only have until tomorrow night to do so!  GO DO IT NOW HERE!!!

Edited to ADD:
This is Monica. :) Today is Erica's 30th birthday. Please wish her a happy birthday. She is one of the most caring, giving, and kindest people I know. She's the best sister and I love her to pieces. If you wish her a happy birthday by commenting on this post, I'll send a random person a handmade surprise. Bribery. :)


9 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm. These look so good! Hope you are having a good day. Love you lots!!! Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need for bribery Monica ;o) HAPPY BIRTHDAY Erica!! I hope you have a wonderful day. Welcome to the 30s club. Thanks for always posting such yummy recipes. My new favorite is the sugar cookie bars - those are DIVINE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! No need for bribery! Wished her a Happy Birthday on Facebook! Will have to text her later as well!
    Happy Birthday pretty lady! Thanks for all you do!!!! Have an AWESOME day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the only place I didn't say HAPPY BIRTHDAY many many times! So HAPPY BIRTHDAY ERICA!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica, you're the sweetest sister! Happy Birthday Erica!! Hope yesterday was awesome for you, you deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some children who are born entertainers and love attention from the very first moment they realize they have an audience. We coach them to reach their full potential.

    Kids Modeling
    Kids Portfolio in Chandigarh
    Kids fashion shows in Chandigarh
    Baby shows in Chandigarh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. best hair brush to prevent hair loss

    ReplyDelete
  8. buy bio cocaine online
    Order cocaine in UK
    Buy cocaine in UK
    Cocaine for sale in UK
    Buy Peruvian cocaine
    Order pure white cocaine online
    Order Methamphetamine online
    Methamphetamine for sale online
    Buy Methamphetamine online
    Crystal Meth For Sale Online
    Order Crystal Meth Online
    Buy Crystal Meth Online
    Order Colombian Cocaine online
    Colombian Cocaine for sale online
    Buy Colombian Cocaine
    Order Cocaine online
    Buy Cocaine online
    Cocaine for sale online
    Flake Cocaine for sale online
    Order Flake Cocaine online
    Buy Flake Cocaine online
    Order Peruvian Cocaine Online
    Peruvian Cocaine for sale Online
    Buy Peruvian Cocaine Online
    Crack Cocaine for sale online
    Buy Crack Cocaine online
    Order Cocaine Powder Online
    Buy Cocaine Powder Online
    Fish scale Cocaine for sale
    Buy Volkswagen cocaine online
    Wholesale Cocaine Online
    Buy Colombian Fish scale Cocaine Online
    Buy cocaine in Australia
    Buy cocaine in Nauru
    Buy cocaine in New Zealand
    Order cocaine in Berlin
    Order cocaine in Australia
    Order cocaine in Madrid
    Order cocaine in New Zealand
    Buy cocaine in France
    Buy cocaine in Northampton
    Buy cocaine in Malaysia
    Buy cocaine in United Kingdom
    cocaine for sale in Seoul
    cocaine for sale in Spain
    cocaine for sale in United States
    cocaine for sale in Northampton
    cocaine for sale in Japan
    Buy cocaine in Reading

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...