Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake

Pinterest!  The most amazing website out there!  Besides our blog, of course.  I have discovered so many yummy recipes and food blogs.  This is one of them.  It was awesome!  My hubs enjoyed it the most and has been taking it with him for breakfast until it was all gone.  1 sheet pan is way too big for my little family, so if you make this, make it for a big crowd. They'll be happy you did.


Pumpkin Vanilla Sheet Cake
1 box yellow cake mix

4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
3.4 ounce box Vanilla Instant Pudding
1/2 cup sour cream
15 ounce can pumpkin
1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4-1/2 cup heavy cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a big sheet pan with cooking spray. 

In your mixing bowl add cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, pudding, sour cream, and pumpkin.  Mix until well combined.  Pour into prepared pan and spread it out evenly.

Melt butter in microwave safe bowl.  Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.  Stir until combined.  Drizzle over cake batter evenly.  Then take a knife and run it through to swirl the cake. 

Bake cake for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked through.  In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar and heavy cream.  Start with a 1/4 c. and if the glaze needs to be thinner add more.  I think I could have got away with a double batch of the glaze.  Let it cool before cutting into squares.

Enjoy!

Source-Picky Palate  (This woman is AMAZING)

I have my daughter's birthday party to plan!  She will be 12!!!  She is inviting a few friends over for pizza and a movie this weekend.  I'm super excited for her.  Think i'll be making her favorite chocolate sheet cake.  Mmmm...that's all I need is more sweets.  O'well.  I think I've given up the diet until after New Years.  Yeah!

Have a fantabulous day!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, this recipe appealed to me too. It looks yum. Can't wait to bake together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...