Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Sugar Cookies

I've been wanting to make sugar cookies for awhile. Halloween came and went so on to the next Holiday right? That's what is so wonderful about sugar cookies is the fact you can make them anytime of year. I know there are a million sugar cookie recipes out there but this one is my favorite. I discovered this recipe years ago while teaching special education in Logan. My students would make these and sell them at the school store. It is a soft sugar cookie. The best kind. Plus they are really quick to whip up. You just need to refridgerate them for a few hours. So it's best to do them at night for the following day or first thing in the morning for the afternoon.

Erica posted this recipe last Fall. You can find it here.

This is a big cookie. Super soft and yummy. I used a butter knife to spread the orange frosting, then a pastry bag with Wilton tip # to make the stem and leaves.

This is a variation on a cookie done by Pillsbury. I couldn't find candy corn at my local grocer. Seriously. So I used sour patch kids. I love sour patch kids but my kids pick them off. I also used mini M&Ms for the eyes and then Wilton tip #4 to pipe the beak and feet. Quick, easy, and cute!

Sugar cookies are so fun to give away. Put this on your to do list to do with the kids sometime this Holiday season. Have a great Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I've been regretting my choice to not frost and eat one all day. I had a nibble of Venna's and it was delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sugar cookies! These ones are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great - who doesn't love sugar cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is the best sugar cookie recipe ever! Love them. I made them (like I do every year) for Halloween, but I love the turkey idea - super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...