Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Crockpot Balsamic Chicken

I love the crockpot!  Nothing more easy than throwing everything in there and forgetting about it until dinner time.  I love the way it makes your entire house smell yummy too.  I tried this new recipe and it was good.  We gobbled it right up.



Balsamic Chicken
4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts

2-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 onion thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp each: dried oregano,basil, and rosemary (Give or take.  I don't like a lot of spices, so I didn't add as much.)
1/2 tsp thyme
ground black pepper and salt to taste

Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot.  Place in chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast.  Top with sliced onions then dried herbs, and garlic.  Pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes.  Cook on high for 4 hours, and serve over your favorite noodles. 

3 comments:

  1. I would love for you to come link this up to my blog, www.thecsiproject.com.
    This week is slow cooker challenge. You might win the giveaway by linking up or take home the top prize.
    Come by everyday this week for recipes. Come by every week for a new challenge.

    Thanks
    Dee
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think it would be possible to cook on low for longer and yield the same results? I work and like to start things during my lunch break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that would be just fine. And maybe use frozen chicken breasts? Let me know how it turns out if you make it. Thanks for reading!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...