Thursday, March 10, 2011

Pasta Carbonara

I know I know...Another pasta dish with creamy goodness and bacon!  I just posted one similar to this a few posts back, but I think this one is tastier, so I had to share.  I first tried this dish when my ex mother in law brought it over after I had the baby.  We all loved it, so I had to get the recipe.  It was pretty easy to throw together.  The sauce is so tasty and delicious.  If you like it lots creamier, you can double the sauce.  I made mine ahead of time and it was still pretty creamy a couple hours later.  But the noodles do soak it up, quite a bit.


Pasta Carbonara
8 oz. thin spaghetti, cooked

4-6 slices of bacon cut up
3 Tbsp onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. parmesan
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1/8 tsp black pepper
3 large chicken breasts, cubed, and cooked

Cook your chicken and noodles before hand. I like to fry my chicken in some butter and salt and pepper.  Fry up bacon, and when it's starting to brown throw in onion, cook til almost crisp then add garlic stirring around for about 30 seconds to get the good garlic flavor.  Don't over cook your garlic.  Remove onto paper towel to drain leaving about 1 Tbsp of oil in the pan.  Add heavy cream and heat to it's almost boiling, stirring every now and then.  Add cheese and turn to low and let it simmer for 3 minutes.  Add noodles, chicken, parsley, and black pepper.  Stir to coat and enjoy.

This is another recipe where adding other ingredients is fine.  Such as broccoli, or mushrooms.  Maybe trade the meat for shrimp.  Yum!  This was an awesome meal with some steamed asparagus on the side!  Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks so tasty! I will have to try this recipe soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...