Monday, March 21, 2011

Baked Custard

I wanted to do a yummy dessert for after our Sunday dinner, and I wanted to use up some of the gazillion eggs we are getting daily from our beautiful Reds.  Nothing better than fresh eggs.  I decided to do a custard, and it was a hit.  Jason thought it would be even better inside a doughnut.  His favorite doughnut being bismarcks with custard filling. Maybe one day I'll tackle that project.  When I think of custards I think a hard dessert to make...kind of like Creme Brulee.  But this one was simple!!  I like simple.  :o)

 

Baked Custard
4 large eggs
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
12 oz. can evaporated milk
1 c. water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat eggs, sugar, and salt together until it gets a good bright yellow color.  Then stir in milk, water, and vanilla.  Pour into 6 oz. ramekins, and place in a 13x9 casserole dish.  Fill 13x9 with hot water to about the middle of the ramekins.  Sprinkle tops with nutmeg and place oven baking for 35-45 minutes or until knife comes out clean.  Remove and place on cooling rack and cool completely.  Refridgerate until ready to serve. 

Hope you all had an awesome weekend!  Don't forget to enter our giveaway HERE...not much time left!

Source: Allrecipes

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...