Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Brownies

I know we've posted a lot of brownie recipes, but it's a favorite in our house and we are always in search of the perfect homemade one.  My husband seems to think I have found it with this one.  It's not too sweet...and that's what he likes about them.  He cleaned them up within a day so that's saying something.  Especially for a guy who doesn't like sweets.  I threw these together super fast after our Sunday dinner for our dessert.  They are crusty on the outside and soft and moist in the center.  The way a brownie should be.  Mmmmm...



So what are you...A middle of the brownie person or an edge person?  I personally LOVE the edges.  I've been known to cut all the edges out and eat them in one sitting.  :o)  Isn't that like 1 whole brownie?  I think so!  I will keep telling myself that. 

Brownies
2 c. sugar
1 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. walnuts, optional

Mix all ingredients in the order given.  Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.

These ones taste like my Grandma's.  I don't have a recipe for hers.  I need to start searching for it.  Cause i'm pretty sure it's a good one. 




Happy Wednesday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a middle gal. I'll leave the edges for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm all about the middle. if there was a way to not make edges that would rock my world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love corners and edges. On also a bum person for bread.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...