Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cadbury Egg Cookies

As I was doing my weekly grocery shopping, I seen the Easter candy out.  My mouth started watering instantly for these heavenly Easter treats.  Cadbury Mini Eggs.  OH MY!  There they were.  They were calling my name, so I bought a bag.  I promised myself I wouldn't pig out on these and think of something to bake up with them.  My sister came to visit and I opened the bag to share with her and the kids thinking there's no way we'd eat the whole bag and I'd do my baking the next day.  Well...we almost did eat the entire bag, not leaving enough to do anything with them...SO...I finished them off myself *TEE HEE* and had Monica bring another bag the next day.  I decided to make a cookie with them, and experiment.  I made them 2 different ways, and decided in the end that if you put the crushed up eggs in with the dough then plop some of them on top that they would probably be perfect.  The taste of the eggs didn't really come through, but I think if you added them to the dough and on top that they would.  Or Monica said she seen a dark chocolate version and I bet the flavor of those would come through.  

This is the first way I made them.  I smooshed the dough down a little then plopped them on top.  They spread out a lot.  The cookie was good, but not perfect.

Here's the recipe-
Cadbury Egg Cookies
1/2 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. shortening
2 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
5 c. flour
1 lg bag of Cadbury Eggs, crushed.

Mix butter and shortening together until light and fluffy, and then add your sugars, mixing until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Mix well and then add dry ingredients.  Mix well.  Stir in Cadbury eggs reserving some to sprinkle on the tops of the cookies.  Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.  Mine took 10 minutes and they looked a little doughy still, but once they were cool they were PERFECT!


This is the 2nd batch I did.  Isn't it pretty with the colors coming through?  I liked these better than the first and I loved the crunch the hard candy shell made.  Mmmm...

It's still an experiment, and if I try something different and it's better, I will for sure let you all know.  If you try something different and better, let us know! I'd love to hear what you create.  Hope you are all having a wonderful week. 

4 comments:

  1. all I have to say is YUM and why oh why did you have to do this to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ho Mama! I'm definitely making these...Cadbury Eggs are my FAVORITE! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were sooooo delicious! Just so you know, those cookies you sent for the kids didn't make it to them, just my hips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have given you an award at http://toamansheartawomansthighs.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...