Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Strawberry Nut Bread

I got this recipe from my good friend, Candis.  She said she got it from her Great Grandma's recipe box.  How cool is that?  She never steers me wrong when it comes to recipes to try.  So, I was excited to try this one.  It was fabulous, of course.  I kept one loaf for my family, and took the other one to the in laws.  I love baking, because you usually always have extra to give to someone else.  Love serving others!


So so true!

Strawberry Nut Bread
1 c. butter, softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp lemon extract
4 eggs
3 c. flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 c. strawberry jam (I used my MIL's homemade kind.  YUM!)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 c. chopped walnuts (I didn't use nuts, because my kids and husband hate them.)  :o(

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray two 9x5 bread pans, and set aside.

In your mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract until light and fluffy.  Add in one egg at a time, mixing well after each one.  In a separate bowl sift together flour, salt, cream of tartar, and baking soda.  In another bowl mix together jam, and sour cream.  Add the dry mixture and jam mixture alternately into the butter mix.  Mix until well combines.  Fold in your nuts, and spoon into bread pans.

Bake for 50-55 minutes.  And then...ENJOY!



The weekend is almost here!  So excited to get my garden planted this weekend.  

Have a happy Wednesday!

Love, Erica

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of strawberry bread! Guess I'll have to become an inlaw or neighbor to test it ;-) <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...