Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tortilla Soup

I'm glad the is still cool enough to get away with doing a soup every now and then.  Soup is my all time favorite.  It's so easy to throw together and the results are almost always DELISH!  We added this one to our favorite soup list.  It had great flavor and was the perfect meal to end the day with. 



Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 medium onion
1 Tbsp Taco seasoning
1-12 oz. beer or 12 oz. chicken broth (I used the broth.  Curious as to what the beer does to it.  If you use it, let me know.)
1 can black beans
1 can chili beans
1 can diced tomatoes with chili peppers
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
1 can chicken broth
1 can mexican corn
1 lb chicken

(The cans are all standard sized cans.)

Garnish-
Tortilla chips
Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream

Put all your ingredients in the crockpot, and stir to combine.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Pour into bowls and top with crumbled tortilla chips, cheese, and sour cream.  Enjoy!

Source-Melissa W.

It's a rainy day here today.  I hope it stays like this all day.  I love dark rainy days!  Have a fabulous Tuesday!

Love, Erica*

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, maybe this is a dumb question but the is the chicken cooked when you add it to the pot or is that why you cook it for 8 hours, if not cooked, do you cut it into chunks before adding to the pot? This recipe sounds so good, can't wait to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used frozen tenderloins. When they were done, I threw them in my kitchenaid bowl and shredded them with the paddle. Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. This yummy recipe may be the only good thing left about this cold weather. Brrrr

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...