Thursday, April 12, 2012

Springtime Carrot Cupcakes

I know Erica just did Carrot Cupcakes but they looked so good and we live so far apart. I would much rather sit in her kitchen and enjoy one together but alas I had to make some myself. Good thing I have a group of gals to share with. I did mix her recipe with Martha's (you know, Stewart) to make my own. They were delish. I heart carrot cake, big time. Topped with an amazing Cream Cheese frosting, and well, you may be close to heaven.


I wanted to do something fun and Springy, so I whipped up a batch of royal frosting, pulled out my piping bag, flower nail, and tips and went to town. I had forgotten how much I love to make flowers. They turned out beautiful and was the perfect touch for my cuppies.


Anyway, I know you're craving some carrot cake. So get on it! You won't regret it, well, unless you have 3 or more, then, you might regret it. :)

Carrot Cupcakes
2½ cups all-purpose flour

1¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lb. (6-7 medium) carrots, peeled
1½ cups sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
3 large eggs
1/3 cup Buttermilk
1½ cups vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 muffin pans with liners, set aside.


In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt. Set aside.

With a food processor, or just with a grater, shred all your carrots, and just place them on top of the flour mixture. (I have a cheap-o food processor, so I had big chunks. I decided to throw mine in my super blender (Blendtec) with a bit of the oil and break them down a big more. I guess shred them as small as you'd like.)

In your mixer add sugars, eggs, and buttermilk and mix until well combined. Slowly pour in your oil and mix until light in color. Add your carrots then your dry ingredients and mix until the flour is just incorporated.

Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes in the pans and then remove. Cool completely before icing.

Martha's Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. Butter (2 sticks) room temp.

12 oz. Cream Cheese room temp.
1 lb. (4 cups) powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla

Cream the butter and cream cheese together until they are light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Add vanilla and mix. Now get a spoon and taste. Heaven. :) This recipe makes a lot. It will usually frost 24 cupcakes with some leftover.


If you have any questions about the Flower toppers. You can comment or email and I'll try to lead you in the right direction. Have a wonderful Thursday!

Love, Monica

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! Those look super good. Love the new look of the blog and love the name-it's perfect and very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look of the blog! And THANKS THANKS for posting links to recipes for your "Menu Mondays". I love it, and read your blog weekly for great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...