Friday, March 30, 2012

Carrot Cupcakes

I loved these!  I made them for a meeting at my house last night, and they were a hit.  I had none left.  I didn't even get to have a second one.  That's a good thing though, right?!  Jason didn't even get to try one, but like i've said before he's not big on sweets, so he didn't feel bad at all.  He should have felt bad because he missed out...BIG TIME!

I don't know what it is, about carrot cake, but it always takes me back to being a kid.  The first time I tried it, thinking it was gonna be disgusting because it had carrots in it.  But, of course being oh so wrong.  And nothing goes better with it than cream cheese frosting.  So glad there are none left, or I would be having one or two for breakfast.  :o) 


Carrot Cupcakes
2½ cups all-purpose flour

1¼ tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 lb. (6-7 medium) carrots, peeled
1½ cups sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
4 large eggs
1½ cups vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Line 2 muffin pans with liners, set aside. 

In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and salt.  Set aside. 

With a food processor, or just with a grater, shred all your carrots, and just place them on top of the flour mixture. 

Rinse your food processor out and add sugars, and eggs and mix with a blade until well combined.  Slowly pour in your oil and mix until light in color.  If you don't have a food processor, i'm sure you could just do this with a beater, or your kitchenaid mixer with the whisk attachment.  Just make sure everything is mixed up good.  Pour your mix into your mixing bowl and pour in your carrots, and flour mixture.  Mix until no flour streaks are seen.

Scoop out evenly into your liners about 3/4 full.  Bake for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let them cool on a cooling rack for 5 minutes in the pans and then remove.  Cool completely before icing. 

For the icing I used Monica's favorite, which is now my favorite, Cream Cheese frosting.  It is seriously BODACIOUS!  ;o)  Go HERE for the recipe. 

Source-Sweet Peas Kitchen


*sigh*  So beautiful!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I'm starting mine off by going to see The Hunger Games tonight with a couple of friends.  I'm so excited!  Can't wait to stuff my face full of theater popcorn.  YUM!

Tah Tah! 
Love, Erica*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...