Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Baby Chick Oreo Truffles

Tweet!  Love how these turned out.  The kids thought they were cute and tasty too.  I wanted an easy yummy treat to try for Easter.  It is coming right up, you know?  Crazy that it's Spring time.  Exciting too!  I'm hoping to throw in a few more Easter treats and crafts before the big day in a couple weeks.  I love this time of the year.

With these truffles, use your imagination with what you want to use for they eyes, and the beaks.  I seriously just looked in my cupboard to see what would work and I happened to have mini chocolate chips and starbursts.  Perfect!

TWEET!  I think they saw me.  :o)


Oreo Truffles
1 pkg of regular Oreos
1-8 oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
14 oz bag of Wilton Candy Melts
Mini chocolate chips
Orange Starburst

Crush cookies in a food processor or a ziploc bag and a rolling pin until they reach a fine consistency.  Add softened cream cheese and smoosh the two together until well combined.  I actually got tired of using a spoon, so I used my tools that God gave me...my hands. Roll into 1 inch balls and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  When you've got them all rolled into balls, place them in the freezer for about 15 minutes. 

Melt your candy melts in the microwave according to package instructions.  Using a fork dip each ball into the yummy goodness.  Try to shake off excess candy and place back on your parchment paper.  You want to put the eyes and beak on them before they dry.  They harden up pretty fast.  Let them cool completely and then ENJOY!


So soft...they melt in your mouth. *PEEP* 
I don't think they were too pleased when I cut their brother in half.  :o)

Anyhoo...there you have it.  Cute lil' things!  

HAPPY Hump Day!  ;o)  

Love, Erica*

1 comment:

  1. Seriously you amazing Mom!! These are adorable. Using know how you do it all. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...