Friday, December 23, 2011

Neighbor Christmas Gift

I really liked the gifts I gave out to our neighbors this year. They turned out so cute!! It was very inexpensive and so easy to throw together. I bought a bunch of hot chocolate mixes at the store. Taped a tag on the front that said, "Wishing you a 'warm' and wonderful Christmas!" Tied on some hot chocolate stirrers and then delivered. I hope they enjoyed them. 

For the stirrers I just bought a bag of the big marshmallows, some milk chocolate chips, candy canes and christmas sprinkles. 

In a microwave safe bowl melt your chocolate chips in 30 minute increments, stirring after each one.  While chocolate is melting stick your straws into each marshmallow.  Throw some candy canes in a bag and take out your frustrations on them with a rolling pin, crushing them until they are pretty small.  After the chocolate is melted roll your marshmallow in the chocolate and then the coating of your choice.  Then set on a piece of parchment paper to harden.

Don't these look YUM!?

After the chocolate has hardened and they aren't ooey gooey anymore, bag them up in a cute bag and tie them up with cute ribbon.  Give them away with your favorite hot chocolate.

Here's mine all done.  I put my Christmas cards on the front of a couple of them.  How cute is that?!  My great friend, Candis, at C &C Paperie made them for me.  She is so talented!  If you want to check out her work, go HERE.  :o)

So glad I got them done quickly.  Thanks to my sweet boys.  Check out this face!!!  I could just kiss it right off!!



Here's wishing you a Merry MERRY Christmas!  We love and appreciate all of you!!  Have a fun and safe Holiday! 



2 comments:

  1. Seriously the cutest little man!! And yummy treats you amaze me. Thanks for the link love girl!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...