Thursday, December 15, 2011

Brown Sugar Cookies

I haven't made cookies for a loooooong time.  I was getting sick of the same old, and wanted something different.  I was browsing Tasty Kitchen one day and came across these. I had to try them!  They only made about a dozen cookies, but I think maybe that's a good thing, so I don't eat them all week.  They are awesome!  I thought I would healthy them up a little bit, and put in half wheat flour.  My son gobbled them up.  Try them...TODAY!  :o)




Brown Sugar Cookies
1/2 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. white sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 c. flour or you can use 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white like me
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 c. sugar, to roll your doughball in

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add your egg, and vanilla and mix well.  Add dry ingredients.  Mix until well combined.  Scoop out dough with cookie dough scoop to form a nice ball and roll in the 1/4 c. of sugar.  Place on cookie sheet and bake for 12 minutes.  Let cool 2 minutes and then let them cool on cooling rack.  Scrumdiddly!  Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...