Friday, September 7, 2012

Spanish Rice

Hey!  Miss me?!  I hope so.  I think things are finally starting to slow down around here.  Holy busy summer, BATMAN!  I hope you all had a great summer.  I don't know about you, but I am so excited for Fall and everything that comes a long with it!

Last night I cooked up my yummy chicken enchiladas and spanish rice for my Dads birthday dinner.  It was a big hit.  Especially the rice.  It is so easy to throw together, and I'm sure you have all of these things sitting in your fridge or pantry.  I also whipped up some heavenly german chocolate cupcakes!  YUM!




Spanish Rice
2 Tbsp. veg oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 c. white uncooked rice
2 c. chicken broth
1 c. chunky salsa

Heat oil in a medium saucepan.  Add garlic and stir it around a bit.  (Don't burn garlic.  It's nasty.)  Add your rice and stir it around to coat it with the oil.  Let it sit for a little while until it gets good and hot.  Add your chicken broth and salsa.  Stir to combine.  Bring to a boil.  When it's boiling stir it once and reduce your heat.  Cover and let it simmer 20 minutes.  Don't remove the lid at all during this cooking time.  It will result in some sticky rice.  When it's done fluff it with a fork and serve.  YUM!

Hoping we can start blogging a bit more!  Welcome to all the new followers!

Have a great weekend! 

Love, Erica*

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...