Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Chocolate Heath Cake

My sister in law used to make this cake quite often when I joined the family. She is such a great cook and I know she has influenced me in many ways to be the cook and baker I am today. I was looking for an oldie but goodie to make for my son's 9th birthday (9!!!) and wanted a special treat.

This cake is an easy doctored cake mix and always produces a moist cake with the perfect touch of chocolate. The whipped cream frosting and crushed Heath Bars are the star of the show. It was the perfect end to a great celebration. Thanks for the recipe Jame!


Chocolate Heath Cake
Yellow cake mix (with no added pudding, you'll add this next)
6 oz. box of instant chocolate pudding

Mix cake according to directions with the addition of an extra 1/2 cup of water. (The batter will be thick.) Bake according to directions in a greased 9x13 pan.

Frosting:
Mix 1/4 cup softened butter with 1 cup of powdered sugar and 1/2 cup of Cool Whip until smooth. Stir in the remaining 8 oz. tub of Cool Whip. Spread on the cake. Crush 3-4 Heath Bars and sprinkle on top.

This cake is perfect for a potluck or get together. Quick, easy, and delicious!!

Have a great Tuesday!

Love,
Monica



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...