Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Do you know how long I've been waiting for Fall, and all the wonderful things that come along with it?  FOREVER!  I love Fall.  The smells, flavors, leaves changing, cooler air, warm clothes...everything about it! 

I thought I'd ring in the new season with a pumpkin cake.  I have a recipe for a giant sheet cake too, but knew if I had that sitting around my house all week, I would consume the entire thing.  This one is perfect. You bake it in a small 8x8 pan, and it's usually gone the night you serve it.  YAY!  It's flavors go together so perfectly.  The cake is so soft and moist.  Almost wish I had a piece to eat right now.  *sigh*  O'well. 

Amazing...and oh, so beautiful!
 
 
Pumpkin Cake
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup pumpkin puree

In your mixing bowl combine oil, sugar, and eggs.  Whisk together until all combined.  Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.  Stir around until there are no more lumps.  Add in pumpkin and stir until well combined.  Pour into greased 8x8 baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Let it cool completely before icing it.


Cream Cheese Frosting
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. milk

Beat your cream cheese, and butter together until light and fluffy.  Add your vanilla and sugar, and mix until well combined.  Add your milk.  If it's too thick add a tiny bit more.  Ice your cake, and ENJOY! 

Source-Kitchen Simplicity

Have you entered our giveaway yet?!  If not click HERE and go enter ASAP!  You have until Thursday night to do so. 

I love this!  Ha ha!  I don't even have 12 entered.  So go do it!
 
Have a happy Tuesday!
Love, Erica*
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...