Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Playdough

If I knew how easy it was to make Playdough, I would have done it sooner.  There were TONS of recipes online and this one I had everything on hand, and it was fast making it.  My son, Coy, really enjoyed it too. He didn't know what to think of Mom putting two balls of "cake" in front of him.  He took a piece and ate it and changed his mind about it being cake.  :o)  He played with it for awhile not sure what to think of it.  I think it was fun for him to pound it down and squish it in between his fingers.

Here's the recipe-

1 c. water
2 Tbsp. oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. flour
2 tsp. cream of tarter

Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.  Heat on medium heat stirring til it forms into a ball.  Take off heat and add food coloring.  I seperated mine in two and made a green and blue one.  Store in ziploc or airtight container. 

I thought it was some what therapeutic kneading the color into the hot dough.  :o) 

Something about the smell of it takes me back to childhood...YUMMY!

4 comments:

  1. Love your photos. Way fun. I will have to do this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love it, and I love that I can make my own colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This brings lots of memories of when you were little, we used to have so much fun making things with playdough. This truly is a great treat for children...and it keeps them happy, busy and teaches them to be creative. Super TW.. Love it!!
    and.... Love my little man, he seems so happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this blog Erica!! I make this recipe too for playdough. Something to try.. my kids will pick out a flavor of koolaid and we mix it in with the rest of the ingredients. It makes color and a scent. It will not stain hands or surface!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...