Friday, July 30, 2010

Chicken Fettucini Alfredo

Being pregnant has it's perks, but it's not so great when what you are craving is out of town.  I live in a small town and that night I was craving Olive Garden's Seafood Fettucini.  I was craving it so bad I was almost in tears.  Am I the only one that has ever felt this way?  It was weird.  I was driving my husband crazy!  He offered to drive me out of town, but I felt guilty to just go for THAT!  So I said no, and searched the web for Olive Garden's Alfredo sauce recipe.  And HEAVENS TO BETSY, I FOUND IT!  :o)  Now, they say it's not the exact because what they get at the restaurant is in a vacuum sealed bag, but I think it tasted pretty darn close and Jason really liked it.  It was pretty easy too. 

 I'm really sorry about the picture.  I'm not that great of a photographer yet.  
It really was delicious...and yes...that is one helping...MY HELPING!  ;o)

Ingredients:

1 pint heavy cream
1 stick butter
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese - (to 3/4)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
(I never said this dish was healthy!)

Cooking Directions:
In a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and Garlic powder. Simmer this for 15 to 20 minutes on low, stirring frequently.  You may wish to season with a little salt and pepper.

I used 3 chicken breasts cubed them up and put them in a pan with some butter and seasoned with some garlic salt with parsley, and pepper.

I cooked up a whole 16 oz. package of fettucini, which I thought was too much so you can eyeball it.  I had enough left over to make me and the kids some fried noodles for lunch the next day.  YUM!

When the sauce was done I threw in the cooked chicken and stirred it in good.  Put my noodles on a plate and topped it with the sauce.  Serve with some garlic bread and some fresh steamed asparagus.

It was an awesome meal and I am so happy to have fixed my craving for awhile.

4 comments:

  1. MMmmmmmmm. Looks easy enough. I think I could handle this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love O.G. Alfredo! I'll have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Alfredo sauce! If you ever have a craving that bad again, send me message on FB or something. I might just be coming to Malad and could pick something up for you. Those cravings are a must to satisfy when pregnant!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm. Yes, I've made alfredo sauce once before, and it's pretty easy. But I was amazed at the puddle of butter left in my bowl when I was done eating. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...