Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Heaven

These were specifically for my sister and my sister-in-law.  For my sister because she loves Reece's.  The only problem is she lives far away.  So you will have to live vicariously through me.  They were good, really good.  I don't think you can really go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter.  For my sister-in-law because she is always so giving.  She does so much for us and I don't think I could ever repay her.  Maybe someday.  I asked her on Sunday what kind of cupcakes I should make this week and and she said chocolate/peanut butter.  I hope you liked them, Jame.  Thanks for all you do.

This is a Vanilla Cupcake with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Mousse Frosting.  You can find this Martha Stewart recipe here.  The Vanilla cupcakes on their own were okay.  With the frosting, they were awesome.  I really enjoyed this little cuppy.  As far as preparation, I had no problems with the cake or the peanut butter mousse.  The chocolate mousse on the other hand was not doing very well.  I'm not sure what went wrong, but I think I should try it again sometime.  After letting the cream and chocolate mixture cool, I stuck it on the trusty Kitchen Aid to whip up.  For some reason it wasn't getting thicker.  I added some more heavy whipping cream and that seemed to help, but it still was a little soft.  You can tell in the picture that the cream separated a bit.  Bummer.  Each one of these cupcakes is a learning experience for me, but I purely enjoy the whole process.  It makes me happy.
Good stuff, eh?
I just had to take a bite.  Worth every little calorie!  REally!
Coming next is my monthly entry for the Martha Stewart Club.  Again, you can find the link to the right to our club blog.  There is a blog roll there of all the participating bloggers.  Everyone is supposed to have their entry up by Sept. 15th, so check some of them out!  Thanks for all those who have supported me so far.  This really is so fun. 

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm...Reeses! Now I want chocolate and peanut butter. Great job again, sis. I always look forward to a new post. Can't wait to maybe someday try one of your creations. Love you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Monica! It made my day when I came home from school and opened up the fridge and saw those beauties!! And they were delicious! BTW - I could have eaten a whole bowl of that frosting!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...