Friday, October 5, 2012

Cheesy Ranch Broccoli Bacon Noodle

Say that 5 times fast!  ;o)  I've been on a comfort food kick.  My family MIGHT just be getting sick of the cheesy buttery goodness i've been making the past couple of nights.  I will be honest...I've been lacking in the kitchen department lately.  I've been dieting, and I finally came to the end of my string with that.  I've missed eating what my family eats. I got tired of cooking different things for them for dinner.  And I've really missed making yummy things for the blog. 
 
This was right up my alley for comfort food.  Read that title!  Yum!!! 
 

 
Oh my!
 
Cheesy Ranch Broccoli Bacon Noodle
16 oz. small shells noodles
1 package of bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 regular sized bag of frozen broccoli
1 1/2 c. milk
3/4-1 c. ranch dressing
16 oz. of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded or your favorite cheese. 
(I used half colby jack and half sharp cheddar)
 
Boil noodles according to package directions.  While that's boiling, cook your bacon in a large pan and steam your broccoli.  Make sure not to cook your broccoli too long or it will get all mushy.  Unless you like mushy broccoli.  When your bacon is good and crispy, remove it from your pan. Pour out all your grease except maybe a tablespoon or so to give your dish even more of a bacon flavor.  Add your milk and ranch.  Stir until combined.  Pour in your shredded cheese.  Stir until it's all good and melty.  Don't have your heat too high.  You don't want this to burn.  Add your broccoli, bacon, noodles.  Stir until all combined.  Let it thicken a little bit more and then ENJOY!
 
Seriously...so so GOOD!
 
This makes quite a bit of food.  You could easily half the recipe.
 
I'm off to get a crown in my mouth.  I'm scared to death!  Wish me luck!
 
Happy Friday!
Love, Erica*
 
Adapted from-Little BGCG
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, having this tonight forsure!! Thanks!! Good luck at the dentist! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...