Monday, February 15, 2010

MSC Smore Cupcakes by Erica

Hi!  I'm Erica.  Monica's bratty little sis!  :o)  I'm very excited to be featured in her blog.  I love and am impressed with every single thing she creates.  She is very talented, so have mercy on me, because I am not quite a pro like my sister yet.  And i'm just learning how to use the lighting in my house to take great pictures.  Monica has taught me a lot. 

So...I made the cupcake this month and I was not very impressed with it.  I followed the directions exactly, and the end result looks NOTHING like Martha's cupcake.  *lol*  The cupcake batter was so thick and then when I tried a cupcake before frosting it was really gritty.  Which I'm sure is from the graham flour.  The taste was pretty good, but again...gritty. Almost like a corn bread. :o)  Also, when I got done baking them...they ALL had a hollow center.  They all sunk!  I was about ready to throw the towel in, but I kept going.

Onto the ganache...ask my sister...i'm not a big fan of semi-sweet chocolate.  Give me a milk chocolate candy bar and i'll scarf it down, but dark...ewwww...too tart?  What is it?  So I was not a fan of the ganache either.  Maybe if it was made with milk chocolate I would LOVE it.  It was sure pretty though how it was all shiny and smooth.  And then the way it dripped off the cupcake.  Looked like heaven, but didn't quite taste like it.

The marshmallow stuff was pretty easy to make, but it never got the thick consistency like it said it would.  I still have a cupcake on the counter and the marshmallow is still sticky and soft.  My peaks looked nothing like the picture, but I think it was too runny or the hole in the center of my cupcake had something to do with it.  I think my favorite part of the whole process was when I got to brown the marshmallow.  I don't have a fancy shmancy torch thingamajig, so I went out to the garage and grabbed my husbands giant propane torch!  I didn't even burn the house down.

All and all this was a fun project.  I enjoy creating things and seeing how they turn out.  I can't wait to be featured more in our sisterly blog.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for baking with me this month. YOu will get better. I think these look great! Don't be so hard on yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mine sunk too! and i also didn't get the lovely fluffy frosting like the picture. oh well, bake and learn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job baking these. We all have recipes that don't turn out quite like we would like. I think they look great, love the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH TW!!! YOU ARE BRAVE AND GOOD AT TRYING SOMETHING NEW. I BET THEY TASTED DELICIOUS AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL BECOME SO EASY TO PREPARE AS YOU PREPARE YOUR SALADS, SOUPS, CASSEROLES AND THAT YUMMY STUFF YOU FIX JUST BECAUSE.. I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU!... AND REMEMBER SINCE THE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE FOR "j" BDAY... BOY YOU SURE HAVE COME LONGS WAYS ... "LAUGHS" PRECIOUS MEMORIES.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...